Home - Non Traditional International Student Policy

Non Traditional International Student Policy

Main content


Thank you for considering Roberts Wesleyan College! Here’s everything you need to know about applying as an international student.

International Student Eligibility

The College considers international students to be any student who is not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. 

In order to be eligible for admission, you must…

  • Be seeking to earn a bachelor’s or master’s degree with Roberts Wesleyan College
  • Attend class in-person
  • Live on-campus

The following certification programs are not eligible for an international student visa: 

  • Nursing Home Administration
  • Family Nurse Practitioner (post-master’s certification) 
  • Nursing Education (post-master’s certification)
  • Nursing Leadership and Administration (post-master’s certification)
  • Pathways and ESOL, as these are non-degree seeking programs


Temporary F-1 Student Visa

  • Required for international students who are non-immigrants to the United States and wish to study on-campus
  • Required prior to beginning classes, even if you are in the United States on a different visa

Before you schedule a visit at the nearest US Embassy or Consulate for your student visa, you will need an I-20 form from Roberts.


  • A government form issued by the school
  • Pertains to your status as a student 
    • Verifies you’ve met our admissions requirements
    • Verifies you have enough money to live in the U.S. while you are a student
  • Canadian citizens are not required to go to an Embassy, but are still required to obtain an I-20 prior to receiving their visa at the border.

Financial Aid

The College maintains the same tuition rate for domestic and international students. 

Financial aid through scholarships and/or grants or additional financial support through Roberts Wesleyan College to international students cannot be guaranteed and should not be expected.  

We encourage international students to seek external scholarships, grants, sponsors, private loans, and non-U.S. governmental loans.

Applying to Roberts

We recommend international applicants living overseas submit an application six months prior to the term they wish to enroll.

In order to receive priority consideration, submit your completed application before the following dates: 

  • Fall Semester (Classes starting September-November): April 1
  • Spring Semester (Classes starting January - March): August 1 

Admissions Requirements

Here are the 8 steps to applying!

  1. Submit an application to Roberts Wesleyan College indicating your intended major. 
  2. Request official high school or college transcript(s) from any and all schools you have attended. 
    • The College defines an official transcript as being received in a sealed envelope or sent electronically from the previous educational institution or evaluation agency.
    •  Transcripts must be in English or evaluated by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES®) member organization. 
    • Roberts prefers World Education Services, Inc. for evaluation. 
    • A course-by-course evaluation is required.
    • The transcript must be converted to the American Grade Point Average system. The evaluation agencies listed will provide this service. 
  3. For international students whose country’s primary language is not English, you must submit proof of your proficiency in the English language. You only need to provide one of the following:
    • Official TOEFL scores
      • Minimum score of 575 (paper-based), 235 (computer-based), or 90 (internet-based)
    • Official IELTS scores with a minimum score of 6.5
  4. For programs that require recommendations, provide your reference’s name and email on the application. We will not be able to translate recommendations and we suggest identifying individuals that can provide their comments in English.
  5. Color copy of your Passport (and current US visa stamp, if applicable)
  6. Complete the International Student Financial Statement (ISFS), which includes…
    • Official bank letters
    • Account statements and/or financial aid award letters that demonstrate you have funds to cover the first year of expenses for your program. 
    • More details about this required documentation are included on the ISFS. 
  7. If you are transferring from another US institution, an F-1 SEVIS Transfer Form will also be required.

Once accepted, an enrollment deposit will be required to verify you intend to enroll in coursework. We will also need a Health History Form and proof of immunizations.

International students who intend to study on campus may need to provide additional documentation to the College for the admissions process or to verify information needed to create your I-20. A representative from our Admissions team will contact you regarding next steps.