Recent NewsNovember 9, 2020
Campus Alert level Raised to YELLOW
Due to rising concerns about the spread of COVID-19 in our area, the College made the proactive decision to raise our campus alert level to YELLOW.
While we have had a limited number of COVID-19 cases on campus, due to rising concerns about the spread of COVID-19 in our area, the College has made the proactive decision to raise our campus alert level to YELLOW. The Roberts COVID-10 dashboard has been changed to reflect this new Alert Level.
A YELLOW alert indicates that the rate of spread on campus or within Monroe county indicates additional mitigation strategies are required. The campus remains open, with the addition of the following guidelines. These changes take effect immediately.
What to Expect:
- Gatherings on campus are limited to fewer than 10 people. This does not include academic classes. All student or office groups should plan for virtual meetings until further notice.
- Common campus spaces (aside from classrooms) are limited to 25% capacity.
- Residence halls are open to only those residents who live in the building.
- Table capacity in Garlock is limited to 4 people.
- Faculty and staff are not permitted in Garlock. Students are encouraged to use take-out options.
- Athletic teams will roll back to phase 2 - small group play and must wear masks for all practices (indoor and outdoor).
- The campus is closed to all visitors, even those previously approved.
We understand the concern and frustration these changes raise for our community. At this time this is a precautionary measure to allow us to continue to maintain a safe and healthy campus environment for our students and employees.
For more news articles, you can take a look at our archive.