You will be assigned a tutor as soon
as possible after submitting a Tutor Request Form. If you do not
receive a call or an email within one week of submitting your
request, please check with the Learning Center office.
You must currently be registered at
Roberts Wesleyan College and enrolled in the course for which you
are requesting a tutor. You must also complete a Tutor Request
If you cannot keep an appointment, you
must call or email your tutor well before your scheduled session.
If you miss two appointments without notifying your tutor,
you will not be eligible for tutoring for the remainder of the
You may work with a tutor for a
maximum of two one-hour sessions each week, unless the tutor
coordinator approves addition sessions. If a study group is
currently arranged for the course you are requesting a tutor in, we
will require that you consistently attend the study group first
(except for unique circumstances), before we assign an individual
Prior to tutoring, please read and
agree to the following student
- Come to tutoring session on time, and call your tutor if
you can't be at the session. Don't make the tutor
- Read material and do homework before your
- Come prepared with the attitude that you are going to
- Be prepared with specific questions and know what you
want to accomplish in the session.
- Bring all applicable material to tutoring
- Be open and articulate with your
- Put effort into your work outside of tutoring or study
- Strive for independence - don't depend on the tutor too
- Follow advice of professor and tutor.
- Be optimistic and self encouraging. Don't
- Realize that you are the one ultimately
responsible for your grade.
At the end of the semester you will be
asked to evaluate your tutor and our services by means of an
on-line form. Your opinions about the Learning Center and its
services are important to us.