Student Life

In Case of Emergency

When the Health Center is closed, an ill or injured resident student should contact a Residence Advisor or Residence Director for assistance.

Emergency Contact Procedure

In any life-threatening situation:

  1. Call Campus Security (x6170).
  2. Call 911.
  3. Notify the Residence Advisor or Residence Director.

Examples of Emergencies

  • Severe or unstoppable bleeding
  • Loss of consciousness
  • Seizure
  • Heart attack
  • Sudden loss of speech,vision, hearing, or movement of body part
  • Drug/alcohol overdose or poisoning
  • Suicide attempt
  • Broken bone
  • Severe injury from a knife or gunshot
  • Back or neck injuries

If your medical need is not an emergency, contact your primary care physician. If you are unable to reach him or her, you may call any non-urgent care facility. Be sure to have your insurance information and identification. All co-pays are due at the time of visit.