When the Health Center is closed, an ill or
injured resident student should contact a Residence Advisor or
Residence Director for assistance.
Emergency Contact Procedure
In any life-threatening situation:
- Call Campus Security (x6170).
- Call 911.
- Notify the Residence Advisor or Residence Director.
Examples of Emergencies
- Severe or unstoppable bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Heart attack
- Sudden loss of speech,vision, hearing, or movement of body
- Drug/alcohol overdose or poisoning
- Suicide attempt
- Broken bone
- Severe injury from a knife or gunshot
- Back or neck injuries
If your medical need is not an emergency,
contact your primary care physician. If you are unable to reach him
or her, you may call any non-urgent care
facility. Be sure to have your insurance information and
identification. All co-pays are due at the time of visit.