During the fall and spring semesters, the Counseling Center maintains emergency services 24 hours a day. If you or someone you know is experiencing an urgent crisis, the Counseling Center provides consultation, assessment, and evaluation as needed.
- If you are concerned that you or another student needs medical attention (e.g. taking pills, cutting, etc.), either call your Resident Director (RD) or Security at 594-7777.
- If you are concerned about a threat to you or someone else, including relationship violence, contact Security immediately at 594-7777 ( 911 off campus).
- If you are concerned about suicidal thoughts or comments, or any other urgent mental health matter, call Security (594-7777) or contact your RD.
Normal Business Hours:
To access emergency services during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.), students can either call our office at 594-6882 or come directly to the Counseling Center (Upper Voller Athletic Center).
After Hours, Weekends & During the Summer:
During the semester there is a counselor on call for after-hours emergencies. Contact your RD or Security to access this counselor. The Counseling Center is closed over the summer and during school breaks.
Other Crisis Resources
- Campus Security 594-7777
- Lifeline, 24-hour hotline (585) 275-5151
Other Campus Support Contact Information:
- Chaplain's Office 594-6830
- Health Center 594-6360
- Student Development 594-6532
- Campus Safety 594-7777
- Learning Center 594-6270
- Sexual Harassment Officer 594-6260
Local Off Campus Resources:
- Agape Counseling Associates (585) 385-6030
- Lifeline 211 or (585) 275-5151
- Strong Mem. Hospital Behavioral Health (585) 275-8321
- Rape Crisis Services (585) 546-2777