Campus Plan for Timely Warnings.pdf
In the event that a serious situation arises that is considered current or a continuing threat to the campus community from on campus or in the surrounding community the college will issue a timely warning to alert students, faculty, staff and visitors of needed information. The timely warning will include directions felt necessary to protect the health and safety of the campus community.
Situations requiring this type of warning might include but are not limited to:
- Cleary Act Crimes that are reported and considered to represent a serious continuing threat
- Weather related issues
- Situations requesting the campus community to stay inside or seek shelter
- Situations requesting the campus community to stay away from or out of a certain building
- Surrounding community situations where local authorities have issued a warning
The departments that have the ability to activate a Timely Warning include:
- President’s Office
- Provost’s Office
- Human Relation’s Office
- Safety and Security Office
Upon notification and approval, the Campus Notification System currently in place will be activated. This will include the “Call Them All System” (A voluntary sign up Alert System for cell and land line phones) and Intranet warnings.