Start to visit colleges throughout the Fall and Spring. Consider the following criteria:
- Available majors
- Student body characteristics
- Co-curricular activities
- Check college websites for information and sign up for mailing lists.
- Visit with colleges who come to your high school during the fall.
- Register for the PSAT (if you have not already done so)
- Take ACTs
- Make more college visits.
- Attend spring junior open houses, college nights and programs sponsored at your high school. Stay overnight on college campuses as opportunity allows.
- College tours and interviews. Contact athletic coaches if you are interested in playing sports in college.
Back to Timeline