Going back to college means coordinating many aspects of your life. At Roberts, we are committed to helping you achieve your educational and career goals and have created this page to provide you valuable contacts, links and resources at your fingertips.
Download Your Military Records & Transcripts
To see a sample transcript, visit: http://jointservicetranscript.com/
Please use the Education Checklist to help you get started.
Once you have completed the application process, please fill out the Veteran Information Sheet and send it to the School Certifying Official in the Registration Office.
Researching Your Federal and State Benefits
- Federal: Contact the Veterans Administration to find out what benefits you qualify for under your military service contract or visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website. Many Veterans qualify for more than one type of benefit, so you need to determine which benefit would help you best achieve your educational goals. To do this, you can use the Benefits Comparison Tool at the Department of Veterans Affairs website, or you call them at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central time Monday thru Friday.
- State: See if you qualify for any state Veterans educational benefits. Visit this web page for information about the New York State Veterans Tuition Award (NYSVTA).
Apply For Benefits Online Or Via USPS Mail
- Online:You can apply online for education benefits through VONAPP on the Veterans Administration website. Use the paperwork you gathered in Step Three to apply. You may need to scan these documents and upload them.
- USPS Mail: Another way to apply for benefits is through mailing Form 22-1990 to the VA Regional Processing Office. Remember that when you mail the form you will need to mail in copies of all the paperwork you gathered in Step Three.
Roberts' Campus Resources
- Roberts Counseling Center – Counseling Services
- Roberts’ Chaplain’s Office – Spiritual Counseling Services
- Roberts’ Financial Aid Office – Financial Aid Counseling
- Roberts’ Learning Center– Tutoring Services
- CHAPTER 10. TUTORIAL ASSISTANCE
VA may pay tutorial assistance to a student receiving benefits under chapter 30, 32, [35, or 106], section 903, or the Antiterrorism Act. The purpose is to help the student pay for any necessary tutoring. The allowance is a supplement to the claimant's monthly educational assistance allowance. Online Tutorial Assistance Form
Learning at Roberts
Veterans Outreach Center (Rochester, NY)
Bob Mitchell – Education Resource Coordinator
459 South Avenue Rochester, NY 14620
Veterans Outreach Center Services (Rochester, NY)