Financial Aid for Transfer Students

Roberts Wesleyan College (RWC) endeavors to assist all students in their effort to maximize financial aid.  Please be aware that federal and state financial aid regulations carry limits on how much financial aid a student can receive in any one year and over a lifetime.  Please be sure that you know what these limits are and how they could impact your ability to pay to attend RWC.  In addition, federal and state programs have satisfactory academic progress requirements that may also limit your financial aid.  Please consult the College Catalog for more details.

New York State TAP

Undergraduate students who are NYS residents may receive up to four years (8 semesters) of TAP for full-time study.  Under certain conditions, part-time students may also be eligible for a limited amount of TAP.

Federal Pell Grant

Undergraduate students may receive up to 12 semesters of PELL (600%).  The amount may be pro-rated based on the students’ eligibility and enrollment. **

Federal Direct Student Loans

Undergraduate students must be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for federal loans, and are subject to the following lifetime limits:   $31,000 in total loans for dependent students and $57,500 for independent students, of which no more than $23000 may be subsidized. **

Transfer credits

After you are accepted to the College, you will receive a Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) that will identify the transferrable credits.   Please be aware that all of your previous courses may not transfer in.


**Students may use their Federal Student Aid PIN to complete a financial aid review of federal loan and grant records at