Federal Grants

  • Pell Grant: Grant for undergraduate students that does not need to be repaid. For the 2014-2015 academic school year, qualifying students may receive up to the maximum of $5,730.  Undergraduate students may receive up to 12 semesters of PELL (600%).  The amount may be pro-rated based on the students’ eligibility and enrollment.


  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG): Awarded through the Roberts Wesleyan College Office of Financial Aid to students with exceptional financial need, subject to availability of funds. An undergraduate student must have an EFC low enough to receive a Federal Pell Grant in order to be eligible for a Federal SEOG.


  • Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH): Up to $3964 per year for undergraduate and graduate students who are taking or will be taking course work necessary to become an elementary or secondary teacher. Does not have to be repaid unless you fail to carry ou the service obligation, in which case you must repay as a Direct Unsubsidized loan with interest accrued from the date the grant was disbursed. Must complete a TEACH Grant Initial and Subsequent Counseling and Agreement to Serve (ATS).
Back: Steps to Federal Student Aid Next: Federal Workstudy