The Honors Program includes benefits both during and beyond the undergraduate experience. Honors students are part of a community committed to academic excellence while experiencing the total range of participation and leadership in College co-curricular activities and organizations. As graduates of the Honors Program, students are exceptionally well prepared for advanced study or professional positions in for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. Immediate benefits include:
- Specifically designed courses tailored to abilities and needs of the Program participants.
- Increased choice in course selection (e.g., substituting upper-division courses for lower-division courses when appropriate).
- Ongoing student-faculty interaction.
- Honors components in academic majors and other courses.
- Senior Honors Project and opportunity for independent study.
- Shared experience with peers in the Program.
- Unique co-curricular and service activities.
- Honors Scholarship while participating in the Honors Program in good standing.
- Identification of courses with Honors credit on academic records and transcripts.
- Honors Program Diploma, as well as special recognition at Commencement.