The General Education Council offers students an individually designed undergraduate degree: the B.A. in Liberal Arts. The degree provides valuable alternatives to traditional majors by focusing on the breadth of knowledge acquired through the study of multiple disciplines and the pursuit of integrative, interdisciplinary relationships that form the basis of liberal studies. Students are encouraged to construct creative, challenging, and timely degrees relevant to their personal interests and professional goals.
The degree require students to complete 124 credit hours, including 50 credit hours in three Areas of Study as follows: a minimum of 18 credits through completion of an existing minor at RWC; 15 credits each in two additional Areas of Study, with at least 6 credit hours at the 300-400 level in each of these two Areas of Study; and GED 402, Senior Integrative Project. The Senior Integrative Project serves as a culminating experience in the major through which students will demonstrate in-depth learning, reflection, and integration of their three Areas of Study.
Students need to take a majority of the courses in the liberal arts, so that the degree will be the B.A. in Liberal Arts. The B.A. requires a minimum of 90 hours of liberal arts credit.
Current RWC minors:
||Information Systems MGMT
Additional Areas of Study:
- Business Administration (includes courses from ACC, BUA, ECN, MKT, MGT)
- Computer Science
- Education (includes courses from EDU, PPE, PED; no more than 1 hour of PE skills)
- Fine Arts (includes courses from ART, MUS, THR)
- Foreign Language (ASL, FRN, GRK, HEB, SPN)
- Humanities (includes courses from CMC, CMP, GEO, HST, LIT, PSC, WST)
- Natural Sciences (includes courses from AST, BIO, BCH, CHM, ESC, PHS, PHY)
- Religion and Philosophy (includes courses from BIB, MIN, PHL, REL, THE)
- Social Sciences (includes courses from CRJ, PSY, SOC, SWK)
WANT MORE INFORMATION???
Contact the General Education Council