Our Foundational Assumptions
The mission of Roberts Wesleyan College is anchored in shared assumptions about:
- The world reflects the mind and purpose of the Creator.
- God desires people to reflect upon the world thoughtfully.
- Faith precedes and conditions all understanding.
- Knowing the truth requires people to act upon that truth.
- The study of Scripture – the authoritative guide for faith and life – is the foundation for an informed Christian worldview.
- We affirm the richness of diverse traditions within historic Christianity.
- We honor the Creator through nurturing the life of the mind.
- Each member of the community is shaped and strengthened in faith through shared experiences.
- Christian service derives from the Biblical mandate to love God and to love one’s neighbor as oneself.
- Christian commitment to servant-leadership should contribute to constructive and restorative acts.
- Christian service responds to the diverse needs of individuals and communities.
- Christians learn and grow from serving others.