Back To Catalog

Close Window

Dropping, Adding, and Withdrawing from Classes

Once a semester begins, students may not withdraw from a course for which they are registered or exchange it for another course or section except by formal permission from the Registrar. Such permission is obtained only on the basis of filing a Change of Registration Form, which can be obtained in the Office of Registration or online at the RWC intranet Registration page. This form must be signed by both the instructor whose course the student is entering and the instructor from whose course the student is withdrawing. In addition, it must also be signed by the student's faculty advisor. No withdrawal is official until the form is returned to the Office of Registration.

If proper documentation is submitted to the Office of Registration within two weeks following the beginning of a regular semester and within two days following the beginning of the summer session, students may drop a course without receiving a grade or having the course noted on their transcript.  As in all other changes of registration, the date the form is received in the Office of Registration is the official date of change.  A student may withdraw from a course during the third week through the twelfth week of a semester, or between the third day and last three days of a class in summer session with the permission of both the instructor of the course and the student's advisor. They will receive a "W," which will be noted on their transcript but have no effect on their GPA.  Starting with the thirteenth week of a regular semester, or during the last three days of class in a summer session, students cannot withdraw and will be assigned the grade that they earn.

All unofficial withdrawals from a course are recorded as F.

Withdrawal from a class may alter a student’s financial aid and financial standing with the College. A student withdrawing from a class should check with the Office Student Financial Services before taking action.

Close Window