Information Systems Management, B.S.
[Information Systems Management—0702]
The Information Systems Management major is interdisciplinary; it blends computer technology skills and theory with courses in business and management.
SPECIFICS OF THE INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT B.S. DEGREE
Minimum Total Hours: 124
Total Liberal Arts Hours Required: 60
General Education Requirements: Per General Education list (see General Education Division). Exceptions: only one fine arts course is required (ART 101, MUS 104, OR FNA 102); the history, economics, or social sciences elective and mathematics proficiency requirements are met through the major.
Minimum Requirements: Overall GPA of 2.0; no grade less than C- in the major.
Transfer Requirements: See institutional transfer policies.
Application to the Major: Standard institutional major application should be submitted at the end of the sophomore year. A minimum overall GPA of 2.0 is required for acceptance to the major. Major acceptance is required for some upper-level courses including CSC 450.
Major Requirements: 75 hours (*some introductory courses may require the passing of a proficiency exam before course registration).
- Computer science core: CSC 140, 145, 198, 245, 250, 345, and 398;
- Information technology: CSC 130, 201, and 310;
- Three semester hours of electives at CSC 300- or CSC 400-level;
- Internship or Senior Project: CSC 450 or CSC 498 – No more than 6 hours combined;
- Mathematics: MTH 185, 281*, and 270;
- Statistics: MTH 200;
- Communication course: CMC 200-level or above and advisor approval;
- Economics and accounting: ECN 200, ACC 201 with lab and ACC 202 with lab;
- Business and management: BUA 101, MGT 201, MGT 390, and PSY 260;
- Leadership: SOC 341 or other approved management course.