The Department offers competitive merit based scholarships!
Click this link for more information.
- Community Focused- Join our community and we will personally assist you in achieving your artistic goals. Our art club inspires students and provides the opportunity to travel to local, national, and international museums and events.
- Christian Community- Our Visual Arts Department seeks to foster artistic expression with a purpose. Faculty integrate class content with issues of Christian faith and service to our larger community.
- A Contemporary Program with an Emphasis on Critical Thinking- As a Liberal Arts institution, correlations are made between the study of art and the knowledge of other academic disciplines.
- Diversity of Art Courses and Concentrations- Art History, Contemporary Art Theory, Art Education, Web Design, Video, Interactive Design, Photography, Ceramics, Painting, Drawing, Graphic Design, Jewelry, Studio Foundations, Paper Making, Book Binding, Experimental Media, Printmaking
- Experienced Faculty- 100% of faculty hold the highest degree in their field and have studied in some of the most prestigious institutions in the country, such as Alfred University, Syracuse University, Pratt Institute, Rochester Institute of Technology, The Visual Studies Workshop and The Ohio State University
- Updated Technology and Renovated Facilities include: two dedicated computer labs with 21" and 27" iMac computers and current industry level design, imaging, and video editing software; Print Lab with large format Epson printers; Fully Operational Woodshop; Professional Lighting Studio with Profoto equipment; and a Ceramics Studio 12 electric Potters Wheels, 4 electric kilns, new 16 cu ft Bailey gas kiln, 8 cu ft raku kiln.
- Spacious Studios- Roberts Wesleyan College Department of Visual Arts has 11,000 square feet of newly renovated studio space.