- B.S. Degree with a nursing major from an accredited program or the equivalent
- Licensure as a professional registered nurse within the United States, US territories, or Canada. Other licensure will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Equivalent of one year full-time employment as a professional registered nurse
- Accumulated undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a scale of 4.00
- Successful completion (B- or higher) of a course in statistics
- Demonstrated proficiency in written communication
- Attendance at an Information Meeting
- Evidence of personal, academic, and professional qualifications from two persons (one a recent supervisor and the other a professional colleague) who are both familiar with the applicant's academic ability, professional nursing contributions, and potential to succeed in graduate studies.
- A type-written admissions essay that demonstrates the applicant's professional goals and vision for the future along with the writing competency required for succeeding in the graduate program
- A current professional resume describing the applicant’s relevant experience
The following may be required at the discretion of the program:
- A personal interview with program director or a graduate faculty member
- Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) if English is not tha applicant's first language
Admission forms are to be submitted to the Graduate Nursing Office with the exception of the Health Form, which must be sent directly to the Health Services Office at (585) 594-6920.
All forms, excluding official transcripts, can be faxed to (585)594-6593.
Click on links below for printable application pieces:
Additional information to be submitted:
- A copy of your Registered Nurse License (Must include expiration date)
- A current copy of your resume
- FAFSA application (if applicable)
- TOEFL (If required)
Your application will be reviewed and you will receive a letter regarding your status. If accepted into the program you will receive a letter stating this, and a deposit form. Submit the form with your non-refundable $350 deposit to the Graduate Nursing Office to secure your position in the program. Please note that attendance at an Information Meeting is a requirement in the application process
585.594.6686 or GRADNURSING@roberts.edu