- B.S. Degree with a nursing major from an accredited program or the equivalent
- Licensure as a professional registered nurse within New York State (MSNE Students) or within the United States, US territories, or Canada (MSNLA Students). Other licensure will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Equivalent of one year full-time employment as a professional registered nurse
- Accumulated undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a scale of 4.00
- Successful completion (B- or higher) of a course in statistics
- Demonstrated proficiency in written communication
- Evidence of personal, academic, and professional qualifications from two persons (one a recent supervisor and the other a professional colleague) who are both familiar with the applicant's academic ability, professional nursing contributions, and potential to succeed in graduate studies.
- A type-written admissions essay that demonstrates the applicant's professional goals and vision for the future along with the writing competency required for succeeding in the graduate program
- A current professional resume describing the applicant’s relevant experience
The following may be required at the discretion of the program:
- A personal interview with program director or a graduate faculty member
- Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) if English is not tha applicant's first language