- B.S. Degree with a nursing major from an accredited program or the equivalent
- Licensure as a professional registered nurse within the United States, US territories, or Canada. Other licensure will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Equivalent of one year full-time employment as a professional registered nurse
- Accumulated undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a scale of 4.00
- Successful completion (B- or higher) of a course in statistics
- Demonstrated proficiency in written communication
- Attendance at an Information Meeting
- Evidence of personal, academic, and professional qualifications from two persons (one a recent supervisor and the other a professional colleague) who are both familiar with the applicant's academic ability, professional nursing contributions, and potential to succeed in graduate studies.
- A type-written admissions essay that demonstrates the applicant's professional goals and vision for the future along with the writing competency required for succeeding in the graduate program
- A current professional resume describing the applicant’s relevant experience
The following may be required at the discretion of the program:
- A personal interview with program director or a graduate faculty member
- Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) if English is not tha applicant's first language
Click HERE for downloadable application forms
- Online Application
- Copy of the applicant's Registered Nurse License (Must include expiration date)
- Official transcripts from college or university attended
- Recommendation of Professional Colleague
- Recommendation of Supervisor
- Admission Essay
- Current Resume
- Up-to-date Immunization form (send directly to the Health Services Office or fax to (585) 594-6920)
- FAFSA application (if applicable)
- TOEFL (If required)
All forms, excluding official transcripts, can be faxed to (585) 594-6593.
Your application will be reviewed and you will receive a letter regarding your status. If accepted into the program you will receive a letter stating this, and a deposit form. Submit the form with your non-refundable $350 deposit to the Graduate Nursing Office to secure your position in the program.