- Welcome to the Criminal Justice and Economic Crime Investigation Department at Roberts Wesleyan College, where we prepare students for careers in criminal justice and economic crime investigation “white collar crimes”, as well as graduate study,in these large and growing fields.
- Upon graduation, Criminal Justice majors receive a Bachelor of Science degree with an emphasis in either Juvenile Justice, Comparative Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Law, Correctional Counseling, or White Collar Crime.
- Economic Crime Investigation is an interdisciplinary major that blends courses from Criminal justice, Accounting, and Computer Science. Economic Crime Investigation majors receive a Bachelor of Science degree with either an accounting or computer science focus of study.
- Our programs are taught from a Restorative Justice perspective. Restorative Justice sees crime as a violation of people and relationships. Crime creates obligations. The needs of the victim, the offender, AND the community need to be addressed. Restorative justice considers matters of accountability and reconciliation.
- Our faculty values a personal and interactive environment that promotes intellectual growth and the integration of Christian Faith, in order to prepare students to live and serve responsibly in society.
- We strive to provide coursework to students that will inspire creativity and rich experiences. We offer tremendous opportunities both inside and outside the classroom. Meaningful internships, strong relationships within the community and with key alumni, guest speakers, our criminal justice club, and community activities in support of Restorative Justice, make theory and practice come to life.
- Our graduates are prepared for work in the current Criminal Justice System, as advocates for a much improved Justice System, based on Christian principles of love, reconciliation, and redemption.
- At Roberts Wesleyan College you will find a unique blend of practical knowledge and theory from criminal justice educators who are also former practitioners and committed Christians. The classes are small, we know every student by their first name, and we are committed to giving each individual the best possible higher education experience that we can provide in a caring, supportive environment.