McCarthy, CMA, MBA
Chair, Department of Adult Professional Studies and Assistant Professor of Accounting and Finance
- BUS 435 (OM) Financial Intelligence
- BUS 580 (MSL) Accounting for Leadership Decision-Making
- Principles of Accounting I
- Principles of Accounting II
- M.B.A. - St. John Fisher College
- CMA - Certified Management Accountant
- B.S. Business Administration/Human Resource Management -University of South Carolina
Joseph McCarthy has had a relationship with Roberts Wesleyan College for 14 years, mostly as an adjunct professor within the Business Department, but for the last five years as Assistant Professor of Accounting. Currently, he is Chair of the Department of Adult & Professional Studies. Mr. McCarthy has an MBA from St. John Fisher College (Concentration: Accounting & Finance), a B.S. from the University of South Carolina in Business Administration (Major: Business Administration/Human Resource Management), and is a Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
Mr. McCarthy came to Roberts with significant professional experience having spent the previous 10 years as a Vice-President within the Commercial Banking Division of M&T Bank. Currently Mr. McCarthy is President of McCarthy Financial Services, a small business consulting group focusing on bookkeeping services, tax planning & preparation, budgeting, and other business advisory services. He also owns several small businesses, serves on two local boards of directors, and is active in his parish.