Advanced Standing Option (NHA)
NHA Students - Complete your Master's degree for less!
Students of the Nursing Home Administration (NHA) course sequence have the opportunity to continue on to complete a Master's degree in Health Administration (MHA) - saving students both time and money! NOTE: up to three of the five NHA courses may count toward your Master's degree.
NHA Advanced Standing Criteria:
- Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited college with a GPA of 3.00 or higher on a 4.0 point scale.
- Successfully completed the Nursing Home Administration course sequence.
- Apply and be accepted to the Master's in Health Administration (MHA) - see admissions criteria
NOTE: Once accepted into the MHA program, Nursing Home Administration students may receive "Advanced Standing" credit waivers for up to three of the NHA courses listed below.
- MHA 580 Health Care Financial Management (5crs / 8wks)
- MHA 600 Health Care Policy Ethics and Law (4crs / 6wks)
- MHA 610 Human Resources in Health Care (3crs / 5wks)
Start Dates for Health Administration, M.S.
Attend class one night a week or completely online:
Jefferson Road Henrietta – Classroom Start Dates:
- Program Start Date: April 15, 2020
Online Start Date:
- Program Start Date: March 2, 2020
NOTE: the NHA courses will occur at various times throughout the MHA program. The dates listed above are not the dates the NHA courses will run. Please email: GradBusinss@roberts.edu to see when each specific course will start during the MHA program.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of medical and health services managers is expected to grow by 22 percent from 2010 to 2020, faster than the average for all occupations. As the large baby-boomer population ages and people remain active later in life, the healthcare industry as a whole will see an increase in the demand for medical services. Now is a great time to obtain your Master’s degree and take your career to the next level.