Advanced Standing Option
Master's degree in as few as 14 months, instead of 18 months!
Students of Roberts' Health Administration, B.S. (BHA) program have a unique opportunity to apply as an "Advanced Standing" student and complete their Masters in Health Administration (MHA) in as few as 14 months, instead of 18 months - saving both time and money!
To qualify for "Advanced Standing," BHA Students need to:
- Complete all Health Administration Bachelor's coursework at Roberts Wesleyan College.
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 3.5.
- Complete the following Roberts BHA courses with a grade of A- or better:
- BHA 400 Health Care Organizations and Systems
- BUS 300 Organization Leadership
- BUS 391/392/or 395 Applied Research Project
- Meet all the current Masters in Health Administration admission criteria and complete the online application.
Once accepted into the Master's (MHA) program, graduates of the Health Administration, B.S. program will begin their Master's program in the 4th module (course) - the first three courses of the graduate Health Administration program (listed below) are not required:
- MHA 530 Health Care Systems and Organizations (3crs / 5wks)
- BUS 500 Organizational Leadership (3crs / 5wks)
- MHA 520 Health Care Research Methods (4crs / 7wks)
Advanced Standing Start Dates for Health Administration, M.S.
Attend class one night a week or completely online:
- Monday, March 28, 2022 | Online
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of medical and health services managers is expected to grow by 22 percent from 2010 to 2020, faster than the average for all occupations. As the large baby-boomer population ages and people remain active later in life, the healthcare industry as a whole will see an increase in the demand for medical services. Now is a great time to obtain your Master’s degree and take your career to the next level.