School Counseling - Admissions & Application
Roberts Wesleyan College maintains rigorous admissions standards to ensure students are prepared for the intensive School Counseling training program.
- Bachelor’s degree in a liberal arts discipline (psychology major preferred*)
- Accumulated grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a scale of 4.00 preferred
- Prerequisite Psychology Coursework:
- General Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Research Methods/Design
- Abnormal Psychology
- Prerequisite Liberal Arts Coursework:
- Human Biology/Biology
- Oral Communications/Speech
- Written Communication/Writing
- Social Sciences and Fine Arts/Humanities also recommended
*Students with at least 18 hours of undergraduate psychology will be considered for admission
To apply for the School Counseling program at Roberts Wesleyan College, you must provide
- Official transcripts from every college or university you attended. NOTE: All official transcripts can be sent via mail to Roberts Wesleyan College "ATTN: AGE Admissions Office" 2301 Westside Drive Rochester, NY 14624.
- Three recommendation letters (including one relating to academic performance)
- A type-written autobiographical statement
- A current professional résumé
- Submit your application online - If you missed the January 15 deadline, we are still accepting applications in this program until August 1.
The following Admissions Forms are provided to facilitate your application process.
Up to 30 graduate credits earned in accredited graduate schools and carrying a grade of B or better will be transferable toward an advanced degree at Roberts Wesleyan College to the extent that the student can demonstrate equivalence to course(s) in the RWC degree program and pending approval by the Psychology Department. This equivalence can be demonstrated by students providing the Department and their advisors with catalog course descriptions, course syllabi, and completed assignments for the courses being considered for transfer.
Decisions regarding credit transfer are made independent of admissions decisions.
Call: 585.594.6600 | 800.777.4792 (toll free) | Email: AGE-Admissions@roberts.edu