Initial Adolescence and Special Education, M.Ed.
Prepare for New York State teaching certification and earn a Master of Education degree in Adolescence and Special Education (Grades 7-12) in an affordable and flexible dual certification program developed for time-constrained adults.
specialize your degree in a content area
- Earth Science
- Social Studies
This program is designed for students holding a bachelor's degree in one of the content areas above.
Earn dual certification in 16 months
- Specialized courses offer in-depth knowledge and training
- A full-time Certification Coordinator offers on-campus fingerprinting services and facilitates the certification process
- The Learning Center offers support for students including review sessions for state-required examinations at no cost to our students
- An annual mock interview program offers future teachers the opportunity to meet with area school administrators on-campus and experience typical questions asked in an actual interview setting
- Your Program Mentor provides individualized support and assistance
Students in the Initial Adolescence and Special Education program gain hands-on experience working with all students, including through a partnership with the B.E.L.L. Program at Roberts.
Instructional best practices, combined with core content, are studied and applied to classroom learning, field experiences, and student teaching.
- Full and part-time options
- Evening classes, small class size
- Accredited by Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
If you have a bachelor’s degree and want to change your career to teaching, or need to complete your professional certification, contact us today at: