Dr. Rajamohan is the Director for the First Year Seminar and Associate professor of Nursing at Roberts. She is passionate about mental health, resilience, person-centered care, and suicide prevention. As a Board member for AFSP, she maximizes her opportunity to teach and train those interested in becoming smarter about mental health on campus and in the larger communities. She is a great advocate for creating and supporting a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment where students can thrive and soar like an eagle. Her encouragement empowers students to care for themselves holistically, which is the foundation to a meaningful transition year to college.
She has been married to her middle school friend for over 23 years. Dr. Rajamohan and her husband have two boys, one in college and their youngest is a junior in high school. She enjoys watching her travel athletes play soccer. She loves leading small mastermind prayer groups, and workshops on resilience in her spare time. She feels blessed to serve students in a Christ-centered environment and thankful to God for His calling to be a nurse and an educator. Read about Dr. Santhiny Rajamohan in the Roberts news article, My journey through uncertain times.
Areas of Specialty
- Mental Health and Resilience
- Management and Leadership
- Rehabilitation Clinical review
- Geriatric and Psychiatric Nursing
Recent Scholarship / Research Interests
Publications & Presentations
- Rajamohan, S. (2021, February). REST (R-Relationship with self, God, and others; E-Exercise-body, mind, and spirit; S-Self-Compassion; T-Transformative thinking: Breakthrough to resilience, presented at the virtual 40th Annual Conference on The First-Year Experience.
- Rajamohan, S. (2021). Enhancing Personhood in the Care of Older Adults with Dementia: A Biblical Perspective. Journal of Christian Nursing, 38(1), E1–E4.
- Rajamohan, S., Davis, C., & Ader, M. (2020). REST: Break through to resilience. Nursing (Jenkintown, Pa.), 50(8), 53–56.
- Rajamohan, S., Porock, D., & Chang, Y. (2019). Understanding the Relationship Between Staff and Job Satisfaction, Stress, Turnover, and Staff Outcomes in the Person‐Centered Care Nursing Home Arena. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 51(5), 560–568.
- Rajamohan, S (2019, April). Emotional Resilience, Suicide Prevention and Self-Care. Lead Chapel Discussion. RWC, Rochester, NY.
- Rajamohan, S., Bennett, E., & Tedone, D. (2019). The hazards and benefits of social media use in adolescents. Nursing, 49(11), 52–56.
- Rajamohan, S (2018, February). Mental Health and Suicide Prevention. Podium Presentation. Faith Bible Church, Rochester, NY.
- Rajamohan, S., Sharkey, P., & Heavey, E. (2018). Therapeutic approaches for suicidal adolescents. Nursing 2018, 48(9), 32-38.
- Rajamohan, S., Chang, Y., Brewer., & Porock, D. (2017, October). Person-Centered Care and Leadership in Long-Term Care. Poster session presented at the 44th Biennial Convention, Indianapolis, IN.
- Rajamohan, S., Porock, D, Brewer, C., & Chang, Y. (2016). Person-Centered Care and Leadership in Long-Term Care Arena. ProQuest Dissertations and Theses, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Rajamohan, S., Chang, Y., Brewer., & Porock, D. (2016, April). Person-Centered Care Implementation, Leadership Styles and challenges in Long-term Care Facilities. Poster session presented at Research day, UB, Buffalo, NY.
- Rajamohan, S., Chang, Y., Brewer., & Porock, D. (2015, November). Person-Centered Care Implementation and Leadership Styles in Long-term Care Facilities. Poster session presented at the Gerontological Society of America's 68th Annual Scientific Meeting, Orlando, FL.
- Rajamohan, S. & Porock, D. (2014, November). Person-Centered Care Staff Training and Outcome in Long-Term Care Settings. Poster session presented at the Gerontological Society of America's 67th Annual Scientific Meeting, Washington, DC.
- Certified John Maxwell Team Member (JMT-Speaker, Trainer and Coach)
- Certified International Health Coach (CIHC)
- Western New York Chapter Board Member for the American Foundation for Suicide prevention (AFSP)
- Safe TALK trainer
- Member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing Tau Xi Chapter
- Member of National League for Nursing (NLN), Nurses Christian Fellowship (NCF), American Nurses Association and ANA-New York
Favorite Bible Verse
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9