Areas of Specialty
- Emergency Nursing
- Acute care of the adult and pediatric surgical patient
- Plastic surgery
- General surgery
- Travel Nursing
- Transcultural and Missions Nursing
Recent Scholarship / Research Interests
- Best practice in international nursing care and nursing education
- Best practice in the clinical education of junior and senior nursing students
- Tropical disease management and nursing care
- Camp, pre-hospital, and missions nursing
- Staff Nurse at Strong West Emergency Department (URMC)
- Recent missions nurse, charge nurse, and educator with Mercy Ships in West Africa (Togo, Guinea, and Sierra Leone)
- Nurse consultant and seasonal staff nurse, Camp Berea (NH)
- Seasonal staff nurse, Camp of the Woods (NY)
- Emergency Nurses Association member
- Sigma Theta Tau member
Favorite Bible Verse
"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen; to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter - when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard. Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail."
Isaiah 58: 6-11