John Ragone is a Rochester, NY freelance graphic designer and design educator. His background is in graphic design, advertising and marketing working at several Rochester-area advertising firms. He has a passion for creating memorable design solutions that connect with people. His experience encompasses 22 years of fast-paced, deadline-driven experience at three different advertising agencies.
His career responsibilities have been diverse in nature including:
- Art direction and design of advertising and marketing collateral
- Working closely with writers, photographers and illustrators
- Occasionally writing or editing copy
- Preparing art for print production and web development
- Creating work for a wide range of clients like The Associates, Xerox, Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota, Red Cross, MasterCard, ESL and Ameriprise
- Extensive understanding of print production
Creative highlights of his career include:
- Designing the brand identity and several program elements for the PRism Best-in-Show- winning Be A Healthy Hero campaign for the Greater Rochester Health Foundation.
- Creating nation-wide, second-place finishing University of Rochester’s Young Entrepreneurs Academy student campaign for Empire Sports Stars in 2010 (volunteer project)
- Xerox’s 2011 Jazz Fest 10th anniversary record collection treasure hunt. The project won four 2012 ADDYs—a national Silver ADDY, a Region 2 Gold ADDY, a local Silver ADDY and a local People’s Choice ADDY. It also won a local PRism Award.