Nursing Faculty - Family Nurse Practitioner
Roberts Wesleyan University invites candidates to apply for a full-time (9 month), tenure track faculty position to serve as a faculty member in the undergraduate nursing program and graduate Family Nurse Practitioner program. Candidates will join a faculty committed to excellence in nursing education. The Family Nurse Practitioner and RN to BS programs are part of the School of Nursing located on the park-like campus of Roberts Wesleyan in Rochester, New York, providing the programs with the advantages of a suburban setting within a vibrant metropolitan area. Didactic instruction for these programs is delivered online.
Roberts is an independent, coeducational liberal arts college in the Christian tradition with approximately 1700 students. Our nursing programs are faith-based, rooted in holistic care, and designed to prepare baccalaureate prepared nurses, leaders, educators and primary care nurse practitioners that are committed to excellence in clinical practice for individuals from various cultural backgrounds throughout their lifespan across practice settings.
Faculty member responsibilities include instruction, participation in curriculum and other committees, and service to the profession and to the community.
- Graduate degree in nursing with preparation as a nurse practitioner from an accredited institution recognized by the US
- Current and unencumbered Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner license in NYS
- National certification as a nurse practitioner from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Association of Nurse Practitioners® (AANP)
- Current clinical practice in the role of nurse practitioner and at least 3 years experience in a nurse practitioner role, preferably primary care.
- Candidates must demonstrate a strong commitment to the integration of Christian faith and professional practice and a willingness to support the University’s Christian mission and identity.
- Excellent personal communication, computer skills, and professional manner
- Superior interpersonal, customer service, presentation, and communication skills required.
- Creative, innovative, and problem-solving skills required.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments timely and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office and healthcare technology required. Additional background in Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas or similar LMS is preferred.
- Able to obtain and maintain nursing licenses if applicable as required by state or accrediting commissions.
- Demonstrated strengths for successful teaching at the university level is essential.
- A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate cultural competence and show a consistent track record entailing the valuing of the principles of diversity, equity and belonging.
Faculty are responsible for teaching and scholarship in their area(s) of expertise, aligning with the School of Nursing mission, program objectives, strategic plan, curricular philosophy, and design, and compliance with requirements of accreditation standards.
Salary and rank are commensurate with education and experience. Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and a completed Application for RWU Faculty Employment (download at https://www.roberts.edu/employment.aspx/) to:
Dr. Cheryl Crotser, Dean
School of Nursing
Roberts Wesleyan University
2301 Westside Drive
Rochester, NY 14624-1997
For further information, contact Dean Crotser via e-mail: Crotser_cheryl@roberts.edu or call 585.594.6735. Racially or ethnically minoritized candidates are especially encouraged to apply as well as persons from other historically underrepresented groups.
Roberts Wesleyan University complies with all applicable non-discrimination laws and is committed to the enhancement of human dignity and workplace diversity.