Position Description/Responsibilities: The on-campus student Counseling Center seeks qualified candidates for a 3/4-time Counselor. This person reports to the Director of the Counseling Center. Responsibilities include:
- Delivering brief, individual, couples, and/or group counseling
- Maintaining client records
- Participating in clinical supervision and staff meetings
- Providing crisis intervention and management of mental health situations on campus which may include occasional nights and weekends
- Conducting prevention programming related to mental health
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in Psychology, Social Work or related field
- Current NY State licensure required
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in clinical, mental health counseling, preferably in a mental health agency or counseling center setting.
- Experience with late adolescent/early adult population, brief counseling model, and crisis intervention skills preferred. Must possess broad generalist clinical skills including experience assessing and intervening with a broad range of disorders, concerns, and degrees of pathology, with experience in at least some of the following: body image/eating disorders, self-injury, DBT, addictions, spiritual issues, and working with diverse populations".
- Strong communication skills and competency in MS Office and Titanium software for clinical records desired.
Application process: A completed staff application is required and can be accessed via the Employment link at www.roberts.edu/employment. Email, fax, or mail completed application, letter of interest, resume, and references to:
Office of Human Resources
Roberts Wesleyan College
2301 Westside Drive
Rochester, NY 14624-1997
RWC and NES comply with all applicable non-discrimination laws and are committed to the enhancement of human dignity and workplace diversity.