Having a strong and vibrant eco-map of support is just as vital to the Department of Social Work as it is to any individual.
That is why we have expanded our involvement locally with:
- The Genesee Valley chapter of the National Association of Social Workers,
- Organizing the first local college chapter of Stand-Up Guys to help expand the fight against domestic violence
- Supporting the student led Christians United for Israel grass roots organization.
We are also involved at the state and national levels:
- Western NY Chapter of the North American Association of Christian Social Workers
- New York Deans and Directors of the Schools of Social Work opened doors to the first statewide dean’s and field director’s conference in New York City.
- Nationally, our faculty and students benefit each year at our numerous social work conferences sponsored by CSWE, APM, BPD, and NACSW.
There is no question that we all benefit from the Wisdom of Solomon when he said "as iron sharpens iron so does one man sharpen another" (Proverbs 27:17).
All of these networks open up doors of opportunity to expand, to grow, to strengthen relationships and to build a stronger work force in the field of social work. So get connected and stay connected. It may open doors to the next step in your social work career.