What Will I Learn?
Through your studies at Roberts and Northeastern, you will grow as a critical thinker and effective communicator to become a missional pastor and dynamic church leader.
- Gain a foundation in critical thinking and develop your heart and mind to become a grounded, well-read student of the Bible.
- Identify cultural and social concerns of today and what the Gospel has to say about them.
- Dive deeper into Scripture to explore its cultural and historical contexts.
- Articulate the development of the church and the contributions of particular Christian traditions and communities.
How it Works
- Complete the full Religion & Philosophy Major in 3 years.
- To complete your degree in less time, courses from Roberts will be transferred to the Seminary to fulfill your degree requirements. You will complete additional, graduate-level assignments for all Roberts classes that transfer to Northeastern.
- In your 4th year, you will attend Northeastern Seminary where your electives complete your B.A degree at Roberts.
- Complete 2 years at Northeastern Seminary and graduate with your Master of Divinity.
To be eligible for this 3+2 program, you must:
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.0
- Receive grades of at least B in core classes
- A maximum of 15 hours of transfer credit (CLEP, AP, etc.) may be counted toward the 52 General Education courses at Roberts
- You must take at least one 400 level "topics" or "seminar" course in the Religion and Philosophy major