Great things are happening for our Nurses!
"Your positive impact in our region cannot be underestimated. My wife is a social worker at Highland Hospital and I know from her experience that Roberts nurses are highly regarded. Thank you for representing your Alma Mater so well as you serve and care for those in need.
Please watch for upcoming events both in the Rochester area and around the northeast. We had over 20 events last year for alumni in the Rochester area, regionally and as far away as Phoenix, AZ. (Kirk Kettinger, Director of Alumni Relations)
As always, please feel free to contact our office with exciting news and updates (Bausch_Deborah@roberts.edu or 585-594-6073)
- Congratulations to Alumna, Shannon Mahar (Buffalo Group 119). She was recently chosen as "Outstanding Staff Nurse of the Year" for all of Erie County Medical Center! She will be honored at a banquet in June 2019 and have the chance of being awarded "Staff Nurse" of all of the 7 counties of Western New York.
- Congratulations to Alumna, Renee Sylvies (Group 31), for being chosen as a speaker at the New York State Emergency Nurses Association - Setting the Pace 2019 conference. Renee is a Clinical Nurse Educator at the VHA Emergency Department in Buffalo, NY. She is a Critical Care and Emergency Nurse with over 30 years of experience. Renee is currently working as a clinical leader in the Emergency Department and provides staff development education in that capacity.
- Wendy Allen-Thompson (Group 77), of Strong West Emergency Department (URMC), won WHEC Rochester Rocs "Best Boss" in October 2016.
- Tammy Molins (Group 80) recently received the DAISY Award at Strong Memorial Hospital. This is a Nationwide program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses every day who work with those suffering from ‘Diseases Attacking the Immune System’ and their families. SMH recognizes one of their nurses every quarter.
- Beth Akkoul & Dawn Korszeniewski (Group 55 - Weedsport) were both chosen by the V.A. to attend the University of Rochester's First Assist Training Program, all expenses paid.
- Congratulations to Melissa Alvarado (Group 61) on her new job as an R.N.-Case Manager for Monroe Plan in Geneva. Melissa attributes this job opportunity to the Roberts Wesleyan College R.N. to B.S. Program.
- Becki Bettinger (Group 44 - Weedsport) has joined the R.N. to B.S. Program as an Adjunct Faculty teaching Group Process and Behavior: Philosophical Orientation to Baccalaureate Nursing.
- Beverly Beverly (Group 58 - Unity) has been hired as a Clinical Instructor at Wayne Finger Lakes BOCES.
- TinaMarie Cieri (Group 62) earned a Top 50 Healthcare award from Buffalo First.
- Christine Close (Group 55 - Weedsport) has been named clinical nurse manager of the Oswego Health Urgent Care Center at Central Square Medical Center. This new facility will open on October 1st. In Christine's 14-year nursing career she has moved from a staff nurse to a charge nurse, to a case management manager and then onto becoming a clinical nurse manager of Oswego Hospital. From that position, Christine then became a nursing supervisor of a 164-bed hospital and now moves into her new position as a clinical nurse manager.
- Carol (Buske) Crowell (Group 55 - Weedsport) was married to Scott Crowell on August 4, 2012 at the home of her best friend of 26 years (since Middle School). This marriage brings two families together to create the family that Carol always thought only existed in fairy tales. This new "fairy tale" family now boasts of 6 people consisting of Carol, Scott, Carol's children (Jessica 25 years old and Trevor 12 years old) and Scott's children (Paige 18 years old and Abby 15 years old). Carol feels very blessed that her new husband supported her through the last part of the R.N. to B.S. Program and continues to support her education and career.
- Patti (Martinez) Cuyler (Group 31 - RWC) states that because she graduated from the Roberts Wesleyan College R.N. to B.S. Program she went on to earn her Masters in Health Administration Gerontology and is currently working as a Life Guidance Director at Atria Evergreen Woods in Florida.
- Mary Jo Flynn (Group 39 - Weedsport) has joined the R.N. to B.S. faculty. Mary Jo teaches Advanced Application fo the Nursing Process. She also teaches The Community: Promoting Wholeness.
- Amber McGrath (Group 60) was named as one of the top 10 nurses in Rochester
- JoAnn Pellegrino (Group 20 - Rochester General Hospital) has joined the faculty for the R.N. to B.S. Program as an Adjunct Professor. JoAnn is teaching Personal Values & Bioethics and will be teaching Advanced Application of Nursing Process in the near future.
- More news to share regarding Cynthia Ross (Group 68). Cynthia will be doing a photo shoot for publication with a former patient. The theme is patient satisfaction.
- Katie Schreiner (Group 57) is now a student of the MSL Program at Roberts Wesleyan College.
- Sue Spink (Group 57) was featured in the Summer 2013 edition of New York Nurses Network magazine. Accounts were from nurses on why they love their jobs.
- Congratulations to Andrea Woodworth (Group 54) on her promotion to Clinical Education Coordinator at St. James Mercy Hospital in Hornell, NY.