Pathway to Teaching - Admissions & Application
To be considered for enrollment in the Pathway to Teaching program, prospective students must:
- Have completed at least 60 hours of college credit with a C or better, with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a scale of 4.0
- Have fewer than 30 hours of General Education and/or Content core coursework still to be completed
- Be at least 25 years of age*
*Strong consideration will be given to students younger than 25 on a case-by-case basis. Please contact your Admissions Coordinator to discuss your specific situations and circumstances.
If you need additional credits to enter the program, consult the Academic Advisor to determine the coursework to best prepare you to meet NYSED certification requirements.
Now accepting applications for Fall 2015.
- Attend an Information Meeting
- Unofficial transcript review with Academic Advisor
- Complete FAFSA
- Submit all forms/documents:
After application is reviewed, you may be asked to come to campus for an in-person interview with PTT faculty/staff.
- Personal statement
- Official transcripts
- Professional and character recommendations
Final decision is made by Admissions and Steering Committee. You will be notified by email and U.S. mail.
Questions? Contact your Admissions Coordinator: