Gottman Couples Event
The Seven Principles Workshop for Couples
Saturday, April 15th, 2023, 8:30am - 4pm
Golisano Community Engagement Center at Roberts Wesleyan University
The Seven Principles Workshop for Couples is based on the internationally acclaimed research of Dr. John Gottman as presented in his New York Times bestselling book - The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. This educational workshop is designed to help couples improve their friendship and conflict management skills.
The Seven Principles Workshop includes lectures and private couples exercises. Registration includes a workbook, morning coffee service, and lunch. Participants will not share their personal problems in front of others.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This 7 hour workshop provides proven tools to help couples:
- Improve friendship, fondness, and admiration
- Enhance romance and intimacy
- Manage conflict constructively
- Gain skills to address perpetual and solvable problems
- Create shared meaning
- Maintain gains throughout a lifetime
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Pre-engaged couples
- Premarital couples
- Everyone from newlyweds to seniors
- Those who wish to enhance a good marriage
- Those needing better conflict management tools
Includes full day event, morning light refreshments, workbook, access to the couples app, and lunch.