Justice and Security Institute
The Justice and Security Institute (JSI) is committed to making our community a safer place to learn, work and worship.
The JSI’s experienced practitioners and educators develop cutting edge training and conduct advanced research to help public and private institutions better protect their infrastructure, assess risk and prevent acts of violence.
Training We Offer*
- Targeted Violence Prevention
- Hardening a Soft Target
- Site Assessments
- Terrorism Training
- Buying Security Technology
- Active Shooter
- Protecting Houses of Worship
- Customized security training or research
*Please contact the JSI for custom training & pricing: firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 594-6488
Digital Forensic Lab
We have a state of the art digital forensic lab set up to serve our community by conducting the below highlighted services in compliance with court approved techniques:
- Forensic Imaging
- Data Recovery
- Digital Examination and Analysis
- Mobile Device Extraction
- Viruses and Malware Scans
- Permanent Device Deletion
- Trained numerous K-12 school districts, colleges and businesses on targeted violence prevention measures.
- Assisted law enforcement agencies in understanding the community’s perception of their departments and the role diversified hiring may have on that perception.
- Worked with local faith-based communities to review their security practices and helped them improve the safety around their houses of worship.
- Assisted Monroe County Sheriff’s Office and the Greece Police Department in creating new threat response protocols.
- Presented a one-day seminar on threat assessment for law enforcement, educators, businesses, houses of worship and mental health professionals.
Testimonials from Previous Clients
The assistance of the Roberts Wesleyan Justice and Security Institute has been invaluable. The institute has provided training, facilitated training, help develop curriculum, and been there for me anytime I needed assistance. The JSI has assisted me with training my officers in Fair and Impartial Policing, Ethics, and Threat Assessment. This training was absolutely vital to my police department. The JSI is without question a very valuable community resource and I am very grateful to have it in our community. - Greece Police Chief Patrick Phelan
Roberts Wesleyan College has provided the Fairport Police in the past with incredible perspective and valued training on the principles of threat assessment that has parlayed into a highly functioning behavioral intervention team in our community. Absent the commitment, knowledge, expertise and effective instruction, our ability to have a functioning threat assessment team would not have been realized. We are fortunate to have this invaluable academic resource in our community to ensure our community’s security and safety. - Samuel A. Farina, Jr. - Fairport Village Police Chief
The Canandaigua City School District is very pleased with the training it received on Threat Assessment and Management. The District’s Behavior Intervention Team that was formed after the training is a significant step forward in ensuring the safety of our students, faculty, and staff. The ongoing support that Mark and Rob continue to provide has also been valuable for the success of our team.
The threat assessment training provided our school system a framework to support the district's learning environment. This training provided the necessary background, relevant case studies, and protocols to follow should a situation arise. Our district (Spencerport School District) is in a much better position to respond accordingly based on this training and would recommend any school district to consider it for their organization.
The threat assessment training and implementation of our Behavior Intervention Team (BIT) came at a time when we needed to update our process and procedures. The training Mark and Rob provided was well received by our administrative team and mental health staff. Our BIT team is in full implementation and proving to be very valuable. - Deb Miles, Fairport Schools
Please consider donating to the JSI to help offset the cost of travel, training and resource materials so that we can continue to make our community a safer place to learn, work and worship.