Commencement 2021 Information
Commencement May 22, 2021
We are excited to recognize the academic achievement of the graduating class, honor the tradition and meaning of the ceremony, and involve students, families, and College faculty and administrators in a formal and festive event together! We put together some digital fun to celebrate you (or your Roberts grad)! Join the celebration and show your Redhawk pride.
All ceremonies will take place in the Voller Athletic Center (VAC) Arena on the campus of Roberts Wesleyan College.
Graduate and guest registration is required. Graduates must register their guests for their ceremony. Graduates will receive an email sent to their Roberts email address with a link to register themselves and up to two guests to attend in person. The guest limit is two and extra tickets/spaces are not available.
These plans are in compliance with the New York State and Regional health guidelines and are subject to change.
The registration deadline will be Wednesday, May 12, at 12 noon.
Friday, May 21, 2021 - 6:00 p.m.
School of Nursing [click to expand list]
- Nursing, B.S.
- RN to B.S. Degree Completion
- Nursing Leadership & Administration, M.S.
- Nursing Education, M.S.
Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 9:00 a.m.
School of Arts & Humanities [click to expand list]
Department of Communication
- Communication, B.A.
- Media, B.A.
Department of History
- Adolescence Education – Social Studies 7-12, B.S.
- History, B.A.
Department of Language & Literature
- Adolescence Education – English 7-12, B.S.
- English, B.A.
Department of Music & Performing Arts
- Music, B.A.
- Music and Mathematics, B.A.
- Music Education K-12, B.S.
- Music Performance - Instrument, B.S.
- Music Performance - Piano, B.S.
- Music Performance - Voice, B.S.
Department of Religion & Philosophy
- Ministry, B.A.
- Philosophy-Religion, B.A.
Department of Visual Arts
- Art Studio, B.S.
- Digital Media Art, B.S.
- Visual Art Education K-12, B.S.
General Education [click to expand list]
- Cross-Disciplinary Studies, B.S.
- Liberal Arts, B.A.
- Bridge to Earning, Learning and Living Certificate Program
Department of Social Work [click to expand list]
- Social Work, B.S.
- Non-Traditional Social Work Degree Completion
- Social Work, M.S.W.
Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 12:00 noon
Department of Teacher Education [click to expand list]
- Childhood and Special Education, B.S.
- Early Childhood Education & Students with Disabilities, B.S.
- English to Speakers of Other Languages, B.S.
- Pathway to Teaching, B.S.
- Physical Education, B.S.
- Master’s of Education (M.Ed.)
Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 3:00 p.m.
School of Natural & Social Sciences [click to expand list]
Department of Biological and Chemical Sciences
- Biochemistry, B.S.
- Biology, B.S.
- Biology, B.A.
- Biology and Psychology, B.S.
- Chemistry, B.S.
- Chemistry, B.A.
- Exercise Science, B.S.
- Forensic Science, B.S.
- Medical Technology, B.S.
Department of Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics
- Computer Science, B.S.
- Computer Science and Art Studio, B.S.
- Physics, B.S.
Department of Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice, B.S.
- Homeland Security & Applied Intelligence, B.S.
Department of Psychology
- Psychology, B.A.
- Psychology, B.S.
Graduate Psychology Programs [click to expand list]
- Clinical School Psychology, Psy.D.
- School Counseling, M.S.
- School Psychology, M.S.
Department of Traditional Undergraduate Business [click to expand list]
- Accounting & Information Management, B.S.
- Accounting & Information Management and Sports Management & Marketing, B.S.
- Accounting & Information Management and Economic Crime Investigation, B.S.
- Business Administration, B.S.
- International Business, B.S.
- Management & Social Entrepreneurship, B.S.
- Management & Social Entrepreneurship and Social Work, B.S.
- Marketing, B.S.
- Sports Management & Marketing, B.S.
Saturday, May 22 , 2021 - 6:00 p.m.
Department of Adult & Graduate Business [click to expand list]
- Health Administration, M.S.
- Strategic Leadership, M.S
- Strategic Marketing, M.S.
- Health Administration, B.S.
- Organizational Management, B.S.
Information for Commencement Guests
- Two guests per graduating student inside the Voller Athletic Center (VAC). Graduates will receive an email with a link to register themself and up to two guests to attend in person. The graduate will need each guest's full name and email address to complete the registration.
- Guests must attest to being in good health at the time of the event, wear masks and keep six feet of distance at all times, and use the designated entrance doors upon arrival.
Testing/vaccination details for guests
We recommend but no longer require guests to show proof of a negative Covid-19 test or completed Covid-19 vaccination.
Where is testing available?
- Find a test site near you
- Testing is available to New York state residents at no charge at test sites run by New York state. Locally, the state runs a drive-through test site in the parking lot at Monroe Community College. Find a test site near you and schedule an appointment using the state’s COVID-19 Screening webpage or call 888-364-3065. (You will be asked about symptoms but regardless of the answers, free testing is offered at state-run test sites for all New York residents.)
- Test sites operated by private companies (pharmacies, medical practices, not-for-profits) may charge fees; you can check with the testing site and your insurer in advance of being tested.
- Across the country, testing is available through pharmacies and other community locations; you also can check with your local health care provider or your local or state health department for testing opportunities near your home. Costs and insurance coverage may vary.
Information for Graduating Students
Testing/vaccination details for graduates
Graduating students encouraged but no longer required to show proof of a negative Covid-19 test or completed Covid-19 vaccination.
CAPS and GOWNS
The last day to order online is Monday, May 6, 2021.
Eligible graduates should receive an email soon from the Roberts Wesleyan College Barnes & Noble Bookstore with a link to place an order and purchase their cap & gown. That website is http://herff.ly/rwc.
Commencement is a formal celebration of your academic achievement. Graduates who plan to participate in Spring Commencement are required to wear the appropriate academic attire:
- Bachelor's Degree - Bachelor's gown and cap in black with tassel
- Master's Degree - Master's gown, hood, and cap in black with tassel
- Doctor of Psychology Degree - Doctor's gown, hood, and cap in black with tassel
Undergraduate Latin and GPA honors are identified by the Registrar's Office based on your GPA as of March 1, 2021. Honor cords will be distributed at graduate check-in on the day of commencement
When entering a shipping address, if you are a student who currently resides on campus, be sure to use your Roberts campus address: Roberts Wesleyan College, 2301 Westside Dr., Rochester, NY 14624.
Attendance and Participation
All student graduates are expected to participate in the Commencement Ceremony. If extenuating circumstances prevent your participation in commencement, it is important that you send an email requesting to graduate in absentia to the Chief Academic Officer. Please send your request to AcademicAffairs@roberts.edu.
Graduates needing accommodations
If you need special seating due to the use of a wheelchair, crutches, or other mobility restrictions, or if you need a Sign Language Interpreter, please complete the Google Form by May 14, 2021.
Commencement will be professionally photographed and a professional photographer will take a photo of you and President Porterfield as you cross the platform. The photographer will take a second photo of you after you cross the platform. A flyer will provide instructions should you choose to purchase these photographs.