Resources for Social Distancing
At Roberts, we know the difference that can be made in our local communities when we align our hearts and our minds. You might be wondering, during times like these, how can I help or what can I do? We thought we would share some ideas of practical ways you can get involved right now.
Write an encouraging note
Print out this card and write an encouraging note. There are many in the Roberts Community who could use a word of encouragement, especially some of our alumni who live alone. Mail your message back to us and we will send it to those in need. Don't have a printer? Email your message to email@example.com
Roberts Wesleyan College-Advancement
2301 Westside Drive
Rochester, NY 14624
- Try some new hobbies while staying inside
- Use the Abide, Soultime or Headspace app for meditation exercises to ease your stress and anxiety
- Take classes virtually from the local Rochester Brainery
- Check out the Pearce4Kids Facebook Page for creative activities to do with your kids
Support Small and/or Local Businesses
- Here are a few Rochester area alumni-owned businesses:
- If you own a business, post about your business on social media and tag Roberts Wesleyan College so we can share your business with our community (We’d love to hear from and support you!)
Support Roberts Students
- You can support those experiencing financial struggles during this time by donating to the Roberts Fund
- Send an encouraging video to our students who have ended this semester much differently than they planned.
- Steps to record a message:
- Be sure to turn your phone horizontally.
- Record yourself in a well-lit and quiet area.
- Keep your message under 45 seconds.
- After you have recorded your message, please email Alumni@roberts.edu to request a link to upload a file.
- Be sure to include your name and year of graduation in the email.
- We will send you a link where you can upload your video, and after review, we will post the video to our Facebook and Instagram pages.
Diversity & Equity
- Here is a list of anti-racism resources to educate yourself and stay engaged
- Watch this video to see how racism and segregation has affected our local community of Rochester
- Visit Roberts' Diversity and Equity webpage for more ways to get involved