Digital Media Art
*** NEW CONCENTRATION ****
This NEW program provides students with the artistic, communication and technical skills necessary for a wide of range of digital media careers in videography, photography, web design, digital illustration and design.
We see this program as collaboration with the Dept. of Communication to draw upon the strengths of both programs to help students develop and strong and skilled visual voice.
This curriculum encompasses and explores all aspects of digital motion media from traditional video production to the emerging fields of independent web based content - including television and film concepts.
Depending on the interest and commitment of the individual student, professional opportunities include work as a:
- Studio Artist
- Independent Film Maker
- Digital Storyteller
- Online Media Producer
- Video Editor
- Commercial or Independent Video Producer
- Work in lighting and sound design
In whatever capacity they work, graduates bring critical thinking and technical strategies relevant to contemporary media and the media arts to their profession.
Preparing students for the world of contemporary media is an important consideration of the department. Students in the video concentration are expected to complete a professional internship in their area of interest.
- Graphic Design 1
- Introduction to Digital Photo/Imaging
- Time, Motion & Communication
- Introduction to Digital Video
- Digital Video 2 - Documentary
- Digital Video 3 - Narrative and Digital Storytelling
- The Art of Film
- Introduction to Web Design
- MKT 340 Advertising
- CMC 202 Introduction to Mass Communication
- CMC 310 Oral Interpretation, Diction, & Delivery
- CMC 321 Journalism
For more information contact Assistant Professor Romy Hosford: Hosford_Romy@roberts.edu