Serving the Student Body in Christ's Name
Who is SA?
The Student Association is all undergraduate students at Roberts!
The Student Association Leadership Team (S.A.L.T.) is involved in the planning and integration of student activities so that students can have a full and balanced life outside the classroom.
S.A.L.T. promotes a sense of group responsibility and plays the critical role of student representation for all aspects of community life.
Who is on the Student Association Leadership Team?
- SA President: Darren Dixon
- SA Vice President: Keli Wolf
- SA Chaplain: Kraig Johnson
- Senate Chair: Taylor Plourde
- Social Life Director: Morgan Joseph
- Public Relations Director: Zach Case
- Physical Arts Designer: Alex Marci
- Graphic Arts Designer: Ella Zehr
- Media Coordinator: Alexsis Hernandez
- Beacon Editor in Chief: Sean Mejias
- Beacon Assistant Editor: Elisabeth Lindke
- Intramurals Commissioner: Kaleb Colosimo
- Intramurals Managers: Anna Stitt, Nathan Rarick, Caleb Edwards, Sean Leduc
- Senior Class Council: Sarah Wallace, Julia Norris, Sherilyn Leege, Hannah Distaffen
- Junior Class Council: Taylor Rawson, Alexi Abarca, Jarron Widrick, Allison Porterfield
- Sophomore Class Council: Zach Sortore, Meghan Kettinger, Victoria Kountz
- Freshman Class Council: Chris VanGorder, Juliana Kettinger, Margilyn Stauble, Sarrah Parker
How Can I Be Involved in SA at Roberts?
- You can be a S.A.L.T. leader: they are elected or appointed by the student body
- You can join a Student Association club or organization (Campus Ministry, Class Council, Beacon Newspaper, Intramurals, etc.)
- You can create a new club or organization if you see a need
How Can I Find Out More about Student Association?
- Fill out our Student Activities Interest Survey
- Contact Brenda Myrthil, Associate Dean for Student Programming & Leadership
- Take a look at the list of SA leadership positions for an idea of what you can do once you're here
- See all of the different clubs & organizations you can join when you're a student
- Who I Am: As the face of the Student Association Leadership Team (SALT), I am primarily a social media resource for finding out about student activities.
- What I Do: Promote activities and initiatives of the Student Association.
- Birthday: April 1st
- Likes: Interacting with students and getting them involved in the Roberts experience, both on and off campus.
- Dislikes: Netflix
- Hobbies: Exploring Rochester, learning to fly, and wading with my feathered friends.
- Best Friend: Reggie the Redhawk
- Last Book I Read: “Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption” by Bryan Stevenson (2016-17 Roberts Reads book selection)
- Favorite Music: The Roberts Wesleyan College Alma Mater
- Originally From: The idea of Floyd Flamingo was birthed on a Student Association Leadership Team planning retreat at Raquette Lake in the Adirondacks, as a way to promote student activities at Roberts.