July 1, 2014
Welcome to Roberts and Northeastern, Dr. Porterfield!
||The students, faculty and staff at Roberts Wesleyan College and Northeastern Seminary would like to welcome Dr. Deana L. Porterfield as the 11th President of the College and the third President of the Seminary.
Dr. Porterfield brings a wealth of skills and experiences to lead the campus into the future. She is committed to the mission, vision and core values or Roberts and Northeastern and driving change for more impactful ways of serving the next generation of students through providing a Christian education for all who desire it.
A Few Fun Facts about our new President:
- Dr. Porterfield is the first female President of Roberts Wesleyan College and Northeastern Seminary – which makes a total of nine women leading institutions that are members of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities.
- Our newest Redhawk is excited about attending several alumni and campus events over the summer.
- Her family just moved here the week of June 19th but they already love Rochester’s Abbott’s frozen custard turtles!
- PORTERFIELD has 11 letters which is a perfect match for 11th President of Roberts Wesleyan College.
- She is married to Doug and has two daughters and one son-in-law.
Follow the President on her blog at www.roberts.edu/RoadToRoberts and on Twitter @robertspres and Instagram @DeanaPorterfield.
For more news articles, you can take a look at our archive.