Web Access Upgrade
IT Services will be upgrading your Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access. During
the upgrade you may experience an interruption in service. Please sign out
and try again. If you are having trouble Wednesday please call our helpdesk
at 585.594.6898 and speak with a technician.
Navigation in Outlook Web Access in Internet Explorer 7 resembles navigation in
Office Outlook 2007. Improvements include:
- Customizable navigation pane. You can modify the width of the navigation pane
by dragging the vertical bar between it and the content list.
- Improved notifications. Notifications and reminders appear within the Outlook Web Access
window and can be accessed by using drop-down menus in the toolbar until they are
- Outlook Web Access now supports using a drag-and-drop operation to move
folders and items within folders from one location to another.
- In many areas, Outlook Web Access supports right-clicking to open a menu
of the actions that are performed most frequently.
The Arrange By selection is available in message folders, such
as the Inbox. By clicking Arrange By, the user can arrange messages
by date, from, and other options.
Conversation is a new option that arranges messages in a threaded
view by subject.
- The new Spam folder options allow you to block users that you do not want email
from and allow users who may accidentally go into your spam quarantine folder. Click here for more
Outlook Web Access Premium lets users check the spelling of message before
they are sent.
The spelling checker feature in Outlook Web Access offers all the options
available in the spelling checker feature in Outlook 2007. These options include
Ignore words in UPPERCASE
Ignore words with numbers
Always check spelling before sending
- You can also select which language to use when checking spelling.
Out of Office Assistant:
You can decide how Outlook Web Access handles deleted items.
In Outlook Web Access for Exchange 2007, users can set Outlook Web Access
to automatically empty their Deleted Items folder when they log off. This option
is set in Messaging in Outlook Web Access light.
Firefox and Safari Users: Information on Web Access Light