Literacy Education, M.Ed.
Build on your existing certification as you take advantage of the growing demand for literacy specialists. Roberts students thrive in a supportive, personalized environment of carefully designed courses and supervised clinical experiences.
become a literacy specialist
- Build on your existing certification to complete the program in 16–24 months
- Choose from full-time and part-time options, designed for working teachers
- Attend evening classes (after 5 PM) and enjoy small class sizes
- Gain practical experience in a Supervised Reading Clinic (offered spring & summer semesters)
This Master's in Literacy Education stresses both the teaching of effective reading and writing skills as well as assessment, teaching strategies, and critiquing books. You will strengthen your skills through classroom discussion, online assignments, and supervised practice in the Literacy Clinic.
Earn professional certification in a program designed for the working teacher
- Specialized courses offer in-depth knowledge and training
- A full-time Certification Coordinator guides students through and facilitates the certification process
- The Learning Center offers support for students including review sessions for state-required examinations at no cost to our students
- An annual mock interview program offers future teachers the opportunity to meet with area school administrators on-campus and experience typical questions asked in an actual interview setting
- Your Program Mentor provides individualized support and assistance
- Accredited by Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
If you hold initial teacher certification and need a master’s degree for professional certification, contact us today at: