Initial Childhood and Special Education, M.Ed.
Prepare for New York State teaching certification and earn a Master of Education degree in Childhood and Special Education (Grades 1-6) or Adolescence in an affordable and flexible dual certification program developed for time-constrained adults.
dual certification in 16 months
- Specialized courses offer in-depth knowledge and training
- A full-time Certification Coordinator offers on-campus fingerprinting services and facilitates the certification process
- The Learning Center offers support for students including review sessions for state-required examinations at no cost to our students
- An annual mock interview program offers future teachers the opportunity to meet with area school administrators on-campus and experience typical questions asked in an actual interview setting
- Your Program Mentor provides individualized support and assistance
Instructional best practices, combined with core content, are studied and applied to classroom learning, field experiences, and student teaching.
- Full-and part-time options
- Evening classes, small class size
- Accredited by Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Personal attention from caring faculty and comprehensive support services—including test review, interview preparation, certification coordination and placement services—help our students succeed in making a difference in the lives of children and young adults.
If you have a bachelor’s degree and want to change your career to teaching, or need to complete your professional certification, contact us today at: