Sam has been involved in the health care system for over 30 years, and 20 of those years as a leader, manager, innovator and driver of systems. Sam graduated from Nazareth College with a BS in Nursing, and the University of Rochester with a MS in Nursing, with a major in Nursing Administration. Sam received a certification in Situational Leadership at the Blanchard Institute in 2007 and completed a Post Masters Certificate in Nursing Education at Rutgers University in 2008.
Sam has spent the past 20 years in a variety of leadership and management roles at Rochester General Health Systems, Rochester, New York. During these years Sam has had the opportunity of using communication, delegation, resource planning, and customer service skills in a director level role.
Sam currently directs the RN to BS completion program at Roberts Wesleyan College and is an Associate Professor. Serving on several college committees, Sam has had many opportunities to fine tune her leadership approach with both individuals and groups. Sam serves as advisor, teaches leadership and management, research, career development, women’s issues and telephone nursing at the RN to BS and Undergraduate level.
Sam has worked for R-AHEC for the past 5 years providing leadership and management workshops for rural health agencies in the Western New York region. Sam has been a presenter at several national nursing conferences.
- Presented at Villanova College 2009
- Presented several Leadership Workshops for R-AHEC 2010, 2011, 2012
- Presented Leadership Development Institute, Lakeside Memorial Hospital 2008
- Presented at National League for Nurses Education Summit 2008
- Presented at FLONE Leadership Workshop 2007
- Presented at Louisa May Alcott School of Philosophy in Concord, Massachusetts on Nursing in the 19th Century 2004
- Presented on Qualitative Nursing Research at the 5th Annual Nursing Research Teaching Day at Rochester General Hospital 2005
- Served on a Professional Panel for the B.O.C.E.S. gifted program representing Nursing as a Profession 2010, 2011
Holds membership in:
- Genesee Valley Nurses Association (GVNA)
- Finger Lakes Nursing Work Force Collaborative (FLNWC)
- Baker Cedarburg Museum & Archives
- Memorial Art Gallery
- International Edsel Club
- Orchard House & Museum
- Friends of Susan B. Anthony
Board member at:
- Baker Cedarburg Museum
- Pediatric Advisory Board, Rochester General Hospital.