Payments and Payment Agreement Forms are due 14 days before the first day of classes. Any balance due after the due date may be assessed a late fee. All financial aid forms should be completed one month before the payment due date to ensure that all funds are received on time. A late fee may be assessed to those who have not completed the financial aid forms by this time.
Students may make cash or check payments on their accounts in person at the Cashier's Window. Personal checks may be mailed to the Office of Student Accounts and must include the student's ID number. If omitted, the number may be written on the check by College staff. Checks should be made payable to Roberts Wesleyan College.
Payments may also be made by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or credit card (MasterCard, Discover, or American Express) through our online payment center (http://www.roberts.edu/payment). Please be advised that a convenience fee of approximately 3% will be charged on all credit card transactions. There is no additional charge for EFT payments made from a checking or savings account.
Students who have been awarded scholarships, loans, or other grants from agencies outside the College, who do not have the funds in hand by the first day of each new semester, must present a voucher of confirmation from the agency from whom payment will be received. In the absence of such vouchers, payments will be expected from the students while they await the agency payment. If no payment is made to cover the awarded scholarships, loans, or grants, a late fee will be assessed.
If a balance is still owed on a previous semester when registering for the next semester, the student’s registration may be held or voided until payment is received.
Roberts Wesleyan College (RWC) accepts Canadian checks at full face value, according to the following guidelines:
1. This policy applies only to Canadian students currently enrolled at RWC as full-time traditional undergraduate students during the fall and spring semesters only.
2. Canadian checks (no cash or credit cards) may be used at full face value to pay tuition, fees, dormitory room and board charges only. This excludes non dormitory housing, bookstore, trips, summer school, and all other charges.
3. Payments by Canadian checks must be received by the 10th day of classes for the fall and spring semesters. All outstanding balances after the 10th day of classes will be due in US dollars only. Outside scholarships and Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) funds will still be accepted in Canadian funds if received after the 10th day. (OSAP's web site is: http//osap.gov.on.ca.)
4. Canadian checks are accepted at full face value ($1.00 Canadian = $1.00 US), provided that the Canadian dollar is worth at least $.65 US. If the Canadian dollar falls below $.65 US, RWC will use the $.65 US rate to calculate the payment due.
5. Roberts Wesleyan College reserves the right to change this policy at any time without previous warning.
Optional Payment Plans
Parents frequently inquire about the availability of payment plans used to cover all or part of the annual cost of college over an extended period of time. Roberts Wesleyan College offers a commercial payment plan through Tuition Management Systems (TMS). Payments can be spread over eight to twelve months for a nominal charge of $65. More information about all available plans can be obtained at www.roberts.edu/payment or from the Office of Student Accounts.
Students who have credit balances on their accounts may be able to use that credit to buy books at the RWC Bookstore. Students wishing to take advantage of this program should be able to just swipe their RWC student ID card at the bookstore checkout. If this is not posible the student should visit the Office of Student Accounts.